CANADA 150 GALA | AUCTION RULES AND PROCEDURES
Every guest is issued a bid number upon signing in at the registration desk.
Live Auction | Bidding Procedure
- To bid, raise your card, with the number visible to the Auctioneer. Spotters will assist the Auctioneer in noting your bid. Use only the number assigned to you.
- Questions of priority and procedure shall be decided by the Auctioneer, whose decision shall be final and binding.
- The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute, the Auctioneer shall determine the successful bidder.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid that, in her opinion, is not commensurate with the value of the lot being offered.
By his/her purchase, the bidder waives any claims for liability against either BCU Foundation or the donor of the property or service. All items are sold “As Is.”
Auction Rules and Procedures
- All purchases are final. No exchanges or refunds on auction items. All items are sold “As Is.”
- All auction items must be paid in full by cash, cheque or credit card. Cheques should be made payable to BCU Foundation.
- Winning bidders are responsible for removing their items from the venue after the event. For pickup of large items, the winning bidder must make special arrangements at the time of payment.
- Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash. Certificates are not valid if lost or stolen and cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Unless otherwise specified, dates and times for all activities provided by the gift certificates must be mutually arranged with donor. All reservations should be made at least one month in advance. No refunds are permitted for canceled, lost, or unused certificates, tickets and/or accommodations.
- Unless otherwise noted, hotel and/or restaurant gift certificates do not include alcohol, tax or gratuity.
- Canadian dollar values indicated on items are estimates provided by the outside appraiser, the Gala Committee, or the donor.
- You will receive written proof of payment for your purchase at the end of the evening. Security personnel may ask you to show this proof of purchase as you exit. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- At the time of the purchase, the buyer (bidder) waives any claims for liability against either BCU Foundation or the donor of property and services. Neither is responsible for any personal injuries or damages to property that may result from the utilization of property or services sold.
- Auction items may be bid on via email. Email bids will be accepted until June 13, 2017 at 5 pm Eastern Time. For further information please contact 416-763-3388.
- A complete catalogue of auction lots is available online www.bcuevent.com
- Auction items will be on display from 5:30 pm on June 16 at The Old Mill.